Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Long Week

Okay! Not much by way of, well anything creative has been going on lately. This Memorial Day weekend we spent moving, which means the week prior to that we were packing. So all of my free time was stuffed into boxes instead of being devoted to knitting.. or working on my postcards which I really need to get to (yai extended deadline!). After I got my knitpicks order I was going to try to bring in my new yarn and begin making two socks at once with the magic loop. That didn't happen so much since I had packed all of my needles and sent them to the new place and socks on size 13US would look... well.. ya can't wear 'em. I did get Tor to go to knit night for the first time. She was in Europe for the past few weeks since the article in the IJ came out, so this was the first week she could make it. Because of my lack of any of my needles other than those on a project, I was stuck working on my shawl. I am starting to get bored of it, soft as it is. The pattern is just very repetative, and I just found out that I am doing one of the stickes incorrectly. Not that it really makes much difference when you look at it, but I am ready for something else.

I had also brought in my Touch Me yarn to compare the colors that W had to my own. He didn't carry my exact color, but I found 2 that went very nice with what I had. The plan? To make a 3 color scarf with 4 vertical stripes. So, the 2 balls that are the same color are the first and last stipe while the two that are different colors are the second and thrid stripes. This yarn is so nice to knit with. I managed to sneak in about 5 rows of knitting the other day just to get a feel for what this project going to look like. And of course I am going to pull the I-just-moved-and-don't-know-where-anything-is card as my excuse for not having pictures of anything up.

Our new apartment has *much* better sunlight than the old one did, so I bought new plants to line all over the railings and anywhere that needed color and green. I now have a cute little spice garden consisting of chives, thyme, and rosemary. My new little tomato plants that have diligently been sprouting are going to need to be pruned back some. I think I'll leave that to this weekend. They can survive until then. I also bought lady bugs to eat the aphids that are eating my plants. Some of them are still hanging around and eating, so that makes me happy. :o)

Tonight is my first dance class in a week, and I think I am going to be taking both of my classes, since I didn't go on Monday. (Usually I go to one class on Monday adn the other on Wednesday so that I am not dying when I get home) The last time I didn't dance in a week.. it hurt. So, tonight should be... fun. Oof. And since class starts in 2 hours, I might as well go eat now... eating + belly dancing = ....well.. yeah.

No comments: