Thursday, May 11, 2006

No Knit Night

I got to work early today (about 8am?) with every intention of working until about 7 before heading to knit night. Unfortunately because I have been working long days lately, I wasn't quite awake when I got to work and decided to make coffee. I don't know what it was, maybe the coffee, maybe something else, but by about 11am, I felt awful. I was hoping it would be better by the time I would go to knit night but alas doing my analysis on my (seemingly never ending) excel sheets didn't help. I left work around 4:30. Sigh. I guess that means it's knitting here alone tonight, or taking a nap. I know I *should* start the alligator I promised my mom. We'll see. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, my child. Sounds to me like you need to practice your insartia. (Why don't you create an article defining it for Wikipedia.com because I have no idea what insartia is and neithter does Wikipedia.) I'm patient. Don't need anything real quick, just something to treasure. If that adorable alligator would take too much time and you have other projects going, I also like the Florida bag in shades of (forest) green, khaki/tan/cream, brown with a palm tree (or alligator) motif liner. It's at http://knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50474221&yarnid=5420140. I love you, Kiwi.

Kiwi said...

I've seen that one. I was amused by the name of the bag. And I also suck at spelling. It is 'intarsia' not 'insartia'. It's pretty much working with two colors at once and in more of a pattern than just "row one: color A row two: color B". I'll see what I can do as far as getting yarns for that bag. If I get it from knitpicks, it'll take a little while; what with moving on the 27th I don't want random boxes being shipped to random places that I may or may not be at.

PS. You're sneaky ;)