Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Little Bit of Everything

I am supposed to be packing and moving right now, but we had a late night last night and Sunny is still in bed. So I think I can get a few words in.

Thursday knit night was awesome. I got to the shop a little earlier than usual, but W was there and I was able to go inside and start my projects... or wander the store and think about what yarns I might want to buy and make into nice yummi projects. *Note* Knit night also happens to be the night for the San Rafael farmers market, and in our little space of shops there is room for a "stage" where we usually listen to cheesey cover bands play.However, the opening this Thursday was bellydancers!! I of course dropped my knitting and ran out side to go watch. There was a group of older women dancing, follwed by the group of younger girls. Older probably ranging from 30's to late 40's, and younger being teens. It was very interesting to see a different set of dancers other than the Suhaila girls. I have become quite accostomed to seeing Suhaila's format being danced and watching and knowing everything those girls are doing. Thursday was slightly different, and I enjoyed the whole thing. It was a more local and more recently formed tribe. I belive it was Black Sheep Belly Dance (yes, at the end of their set I ran up to the head dancer and blurted how cute they were and where I dance and we talked of the Tribal Fest 6 that was happening this weekend). It made the evening begin very well.

Back to knitting. I decided this time to bring my last i-cord that I needed to make. Since I can't for the life of me be motivated to make it at home, I brought it to work on at knit night. It worked! I kept cording away and before long stopped in case I had passed the length of the other one, which I of coourse did not bring for comparison. I also ended up working on the neverending shawl some more. I can't wait for it to be done. Not that I don't like the pattern, but I have serious knitting ADD. I can't stay on one project for too long, and with the frogging incident recently I am at the one month mark with this. I also can't wait to wear its fuzzy little self when I am cold. I'll be needing it once this move is over, since El Sob is quite cool most of the time. I also asked some of the girls what to do with eyelash yarn (as they then looked at me.. then my project, then back at me) that had really long whispies and thinner main yarn. (My current yarn has a few whispies and more weight to the main line, so it is on the.. mild side of eye lash types) I need to remember to bring those in to show the girls to get suggestions. Yes, those are still untouched balls that I got for free at Stitches West.

Friday night I went out to get a few things for making my postcards for the post card swap. I think each one is going to be different, but I am not sure by how much. I can't wait to make these little things and I am sure that having no cable or internet at the new place for a few days is going to be very creativity conductive. And the 10 girls on my list are lucky. They are getting my great-grandmother's recipe for the ultimate in Southern Comfort food. This recipe wasn't in writing until my mom sat down and watched her make the meal, jotting down notes as she did so. Mmm recipe with love :o)

And now.. time for packing and a long day of moving things.

No comments: