Thursday, March 08, 2007

Knit Therapy

It has been a very long week for this Kiwi bird. Work has been pretty rough lately due to important deadlines that are fast approaching and snuck up very quickly. This has only been impeding my knitting slightly. The blanket is coming along quite well, and with the progress I am making I think I should be finished in 2 weeks at the most. This will make me excedingly proud to bust about 18 balls of yarn out of my stash (and at the same time make room for more to find a home in my drawers). It will also be nice to have such a large and lovely item that I knit that can be displayed on my couch and cuddled under. Every day I look at the cable pattern and think how perfect it was for this yarn. I'll post more pictures when work is not completely exhausting me and I can gather enough energey to spread out the two sections and take a picture. Or when I'm not feeling as lazy as I do now.
Tonight was also knit night. I think I brough the blanket to one or two knit nights when it was still under 5 balls of yarn; anything more and it would be rediculous to attempt to carry around. Instead, I have been bringing a pair of Fingerless Mitts (*much* more portable) to work on while not at home. They are Mt Tam Fingerless Mitts by Lady Cashmere that have a lovely cable pattern in them. Even though i have been working on them very infrequently, each time I do I make a heck of a lot of progress in a very short amount of time. Unless of course we are talking about tonight. I was working on the thumb gusset and forgot to continue with my cable pattern. I think I am ending up tinking back 9 rounds, but of all nights, tonight I really didn't mind. Tonight was really a night of knitting therapy whether I was kniting or tinking. It was really nice just to feel the soft soft fluffy yarn in my hands, and it did help to destress from the week and enjoy creating (and then fixing). And now that I know what I am doing with this pattern, it is going to fly once I get going again. Maybe tomorrow.
Speaking of knit night, who remembers the Boise shawl I was so proud of? And the knit along? I have been doing my duty to reming the other ladies that for me once I finished, the knit along promptly turned into a knit alone since everyone has since put their shawls down. I'll be happy if even *one* other knit nighter finishes. And I'll stop harrassing everyone ;o) And don't blame my monogamous knitting... it was because of the surgery and my inability to get out of bed for almost a week. In either case....
Happy knitting.

1 comment:

Nittany Knits said...

I was making a blanket that seems to have stalled after only 3 of 20 squares have been knit. I wish I was more like you and able to concentrate on knitting items larger than socks without losing steam. Can't wait to see updated pictures! Maybe it will inspire me to start mine again.