Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Monkey Feet

I have been on vacation since Dec 22, so needless to say I haven't had much chance to knit a whole bunch, nor have I had much chance to write about the little bit of knitting I have been doing. I've still been working on Mr A's socks and have been trying them on my feet as well as his with every couple of rows. I have come to realize that making socks for myself is easier than making socks for him. I tell him he has monkey feet since they are bigger than mine and his big toe is probably the size of my pinky finger (yes, I have small fingers, but that is besides the point). Last time I tried the socks on myself I would be about to the point of turning the heel (toe up). When I shove the socks on his big feet, I still seem to have anywhere between 3-4 inches left before thinking about heels. Sigh!!! ;) Since I have been knitting these both at the smae time (and since the cats had decided a few weeks ago that it would be fun to drag them out of my knitting bag and play with them) I have been keeping the two balls of yarn in their own little ziplock baggies. It has actully been working out very well this way. I can take the little baggies and socks with me places and not worry about getting tangles. Especially as I am using more and more of the yarn and the balls are becoming looser and looser, I don't get so many tangles since it is all confined.
Before I left home, one of my friends was vrey kind to give me a gift certificate to Flying Fingers. In April of this year, I had bought a few balls of Karabella Breeze in Camel and of course didn't get quite enough for me to make anything with. So I held onto the yarn while I figured something out. With this gift certificate, I bought two additional balls of the yarn. I figured I would get two different dye lots and hoped that the colors weren't too far off. Lucky me, I ended up getting the same dye lot I had with the other balls. Much to my amazament. Maybe Karabella Breeze doesn't have many dye lots? I don't know how it works, I just know that I ended up very happy.
For Christmas, Mr A bought me the KnitPicks interchangable needle set. He bought me just the starter set, with no extra cords, tips, or circular needles. The cords are so cool! When I open them up, they actually stay straight and don't re-curl on themselves. I am really excited to try them, but I only have sock yarn with me and the tips only go down to US4, so I will just have to wait until I get home to start fidgeting with how they actually do while knitting things.
That is about all that has been going on knitting wise out here. I wanted to check out a knitting store in Palm Beach County, but I haven't even had time to stop in one. I've been too busy meeting up with all of my old friends who still live here. And needless to say, I haven't been dancing while out here. I haven't been stretching really, either and that is something I should be doing. Oh well.
Happy New Year, all!

No comments: