Sunday, December 10, 2006

Danica FO!!

I realize I have been pretty bad lately about updating. I have finished the Danica scarf! It was difficult because I kept losing focus for it. In the beginning, it was interesting because something was always changing and it was fun to be learning a new skill. But once I was slightly over half finished, I realized that since I was changing colors VERY frequently it was going to be a pain to weave in all the ends. Being overwealmed by the end weaving, I had set it down for days at a time. Since this scarf is a gift, I had to force myself to pick it back up and finish it. I used some of my very tall friends to help guage what size it should be, since I am under 5'5", and it is intended for someone who is 6'3". The scarf is currently being locked off in another room blocking, behind closed doors so that the cats don't find it to be the perfect napping place. I'll post pictures once the blocking is complete, hopfully to be modeled by my slightly taller than I husband, Mr A. I am sure he will be thrilled ;)
I have already begun a scarf that I am making for Mr A's mom. She has been saying for a long time that she needs a scarf that will go well with her black coat, and I decided to make a Diagonal Lace Scarf for her out of Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, mixed berries color. This scarf is going very quickly and looks fabulous. It too will have to be blocked before being sent, since as I knit it, it is curling into a tube. Pictures of the progress on this scarf will be posted with the Danica photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehehe i bet i know who this is for :P

yay for xmas knitting!!