Monday, December 18, 2006

Mr A's Socks

Just after finishing the Boise shawl, I had begun wokring on socks for Mr A out of some nice orange blends of Trekking sock yarn. I had maybe 2 inches of pattern done when I set them aside in favor of working on the two Christmas gifts (which are now completed). Last week some time, I came home and found an orange trail leading from my living room to my bedroom where a large bundle of yarn had ended up; wouldn't you believe it was the cats' favorite sitting spot. Hmm I wonder how it got there. They had done this a second time to another ball of yarn I had and was measuring for a future project. Sheesh! I hadn't knit anything since finishing the Daigonal Lace scarf on Thursday. I decided that tonight while I have some time and was not rushing to complete something travel related, that I would begin unraveling the mess the cats made. It took about an hour, but the yarn is unraveled and in knitable condition. I might need little containers to keep my yarn in while I knit so that cats can't run off with it so easily.
I did get a chance to knit a few rows as celebratory reward for fixing my problem, and it was very interesting to be using US1 needles instead of the US8 that I was using for both of the scarves. But I am very happy to be able to knit these socks again. Woo hoo! These will definitely be going on the plane with me to work on.

No comments: