Monday, October 23, 2006

Socks!

I have broken my monogomy on Saturday (for a moment, it's only really going to be a short affair, I swear!) and cast on socks. I decided that I wanted instant gratification.. as instant as it can be when knitting, that is, and didn't want to have the potential for second sock syndrome, so I decided to try knitting two socks at once on two circular needles. It took a couple of tries to slip the socks on the needles facing the right directions, but I got it! I have them facing the same way, and knit one whole round with pattern in it for both socks. Right now I get a little lost when knitting them, because both socks look *exactly* the same and the neeldes are exactly the same, so I initially couldn't tell if I was knitting the same sock over and over or if I was actually switching socks. I put a teeny piece of orange tape on both ends of one of the needles so that I could have some sort of visual cue.
Success! I am very proud of my new ability, and Mr. A will not have mateless socks when I am finished. Now that I have completed the first pattern row (again, just to make sure that it was actually working) I am leaving it alone until I finish the shawl, which is going awesomely!

No comments: