Wednesday, October 18, 2006

October post!

Okay, so it seems as though I haven't had a "real" update in a while. So this is it! In all of it's October glory. Last weekend.. as in the last weekend that I was concious (note: October 12-16 2006 does not exist in my life since I was not here for it) Mr A and I went out to find a pumpkin patch and to do the search for Pumpkins, play, and poke at cute little farm animals thing. It was a huge success. We found pumpkins, two of which I made into a pie ALL from scratch, including the crust. Mm! The first image is clearly the pie mush going into the crust, and the second is the first slices after coming out of the oven.


You can kinda see how there was more filling than space in the crust buuuuut I made it fit. :o) Mr A is spoiled for only having ever had my homemade pumpkin pies that he is scared to try store bought pies. I love the fall season specificall for the fact that I can make yummi warm foods such as these. Oh, and this year's pie came out slightly better than last year since previously we did not have a blender. Yeah, go ahead and contemplate that scenario.

I have also been knitting up a storm on my Boise shawl. The photo is what it looked like about this time last week. I was nearing the end of my second ball. Now, I am about the same place in my third ball. I was making good time and really chugging forward, aside from GIANT mishaps yesterday. I spent about 4 hours trying to figure out where I made a mistake and how to get back to it to fix it. But the problem is now solved! So the only way to go from here is up! Or forward.. And I must say that with my last week (that one that didn't exist, remember?) one of the things keeping me sane was knitting. While I was inable to move and barely able to stay awake for longer than 1.5 hours at a time, it made me feel really good to feel like I was accomplishing something and making progress somewhere. Knitting, you are my best medicine.
Happy October, everyone :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is looking beautiful! Loved the pie and yes, knitting certainly saves the sanity!!!

Kiwi said...

Thank you! I had Mr A drop all of his important hobbying last night and come to my rescue because I didn't like the way it looked and am totally inept at html. The design was theived, but all the props go to Mr A for making it look good. And any changes that happen in the future, just go ahead and assume it is because Mr A's magic fingers went to work. :o)