Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Remember the Blanket?

Yeah, that thing that I spent 3 weeks chugging out as quickly as possible to send to my old friend who's baby came 3 months early and I was caught off guard by his early arrival? Well, I heard from my friend today that his wife *loved* the blanket, the detail and the color. She announced that it would be the blanket Brandon would be wrapped in when he receives his blessing at church in November. Guess who's beaming!! Yeah, that would be me and my baby blanket making skills. ...Okay, it was basic K, YO, and K2tog.. But non-knitters don't know that! It made me very proud and with a week like I am having this week, it really made my week.
(Why the bad week? In brief: yesterday was an ultrasound for ovarian cysts, Thursday I am getting 4 wisdom + 4 other non impacted teeth pulled and during the weekend while I am recovering they have decided to do roof work on my apartment building o_O ..I'm gonna be a happy camper!! Maybe I'll get a bit of knitting done those 4 days. Oh, anyone have good mushy food suggestions? Jell-o, pudding, creamed spinach, icecream... what else?)
Hooray for knitting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kiwi,
I hope all goes as well as can be expected for your week from hell!

I started belly dance today and when I checked blogger your site came up. Thanks for the detail on your workshop. Now I'm really scared of what I've let myself into!LOL