Saturday, February 17, 2007

Cabled Blanket

Lately I have decided that it is time for some major stash busting. I have a dresser unit dedicated to holding my yarns, that was put in place so the cats don't get into and eat all my yarn. So far it has been working, but when I focus on making socks and have huge amounts of yarn crammed into my unit, less and less yarn is able to actually fit. Last year at Stitches West (before I really knew what I was getting into) I bought 20 skeins of chunky yarn specifically to be made into a blanket. Since I was still a brand new knitter at that point, I had no idea what to do with my mountain of this yarn (which fills more than one of my drawers). When I received the Stitchionary 2 for Christmas this year, I knew that I would find a nice cable pattern and bust out my stash of this yarn. I began my blanket a year in waiting.




The blanket is currently not as wide as I want it to be so I'm going to be making a border when I am finished with the length. Thus far, it is going pretty quickly, and since it is a 24 row repeat pattern, it doesn't get boring. Once I it's finished, I'll have an extra drawer for all the other yarns I ahve in bags waiting for a home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! And man, that is a LOT of knitting in a short time. Your kitties must be better at leaving you alone to knit than my four-year-olds. ;)

Kiwi said...

Hahaa! What you don't see is the multiple pictures I had to take before getting one without a cat in the middle of the blanket. And I think the close up has a cat on it.. just out of view ;o)