Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Socks!

On Sunday morning I finished Mr A's socks. I made them with short cuffs because I basically knew they weren't going to end up fitting Mr A after all. Of course I had him try them on one last time, and yeah. I just made myself a new pair of socks. On the plus side, my feet are small enough that only half of the skein of Trekking was used, so I still have enough to at least make a pair of short cuffed socks for Mr A. This time, I will have patience and turn the heels when I know they will fit him. I haven't taken recent pictures, but this is a picture of what they looked like only a few rows before finishing.




Last night I decided that I would crack into the skein of ChaCha that my Secret Pal sent me near the beginning of SP9. I spun off two small balls and cast on with the brand new Addi Turbos that I just got from my SP, and the magic loop is on its way! I have the toes done and will be starting the pattern soon. This yarn is very nice to work with already, and I can tell that the socks are going to be very comfy. I am also very happy that magic loop is so easy. I think starting with one sock one circ, going to two socks on two circs and then to two socks on one circ helped. Each prior step helped with each transition. And now I think I'll work more on those socks. This is my progress thus far. :o)

No comments: