Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dance Movements

Monday night was my first night back to Dance Movements since before Christmas, and the first DM class altogether since the new schedule change. DM is now only offered once a week; Monday. As I expected since I saw the new schedule, it was crowded. Very crowded. It was very hard to have personal space and to be able to move and stretch in the ways that we really should have. When in dance class in general, it kinda bothers me when someone plops their mat down directly in front of me, and only giving me 4 inches from my toes to the back of the individual's mat. Oof. Bar work also quickly became non bar work since there were too many of us squished on the bar. There were a number of girls who don;t stand at the bar since they have been dancing longer and have better balance. T booted me off the bar, but evetually decided that since there was no one else that she could boot off that we would all be off the bar and do our focus work facing the mirror. This makes me wonder how things are going to work when we are focusing on something harder than tendues and plies. I'm hoping I'll be able to use the bar, or at least stand next to a cubby for support.
Although it was crowded, I was very pleased Monday night. In the middle of working, T walked up to me and told me how she was impressed with my strength. She told me that I had good balance and a strong form, and that she was impressed especially since I kept it together over the break. Woo! This may have been what prompted her kicking me off the bar. It was a very good workout, and always is when T is the instructor. My calves are still very sore. I have to walk slowly and pay attention to what I am doing. I am hoping that by tomorrow when my next class is that I will be back to some normalcy.

No comments: