Saturday, November 18, 2006

Danica WIP

At the very end of September I thought it would be a fabulous idea to buy the yarn to make a friend a scarf for Christmas. I knew the scarf pattern I wanted to use, and had the colors picked out. While at knit night at Marin Fiber Arts, I spent some time picking out yarns to use and choosing the exact colors I wanted. The scarf is the entrelac pattern, Danica from knitty.com. So I worked on the scarf once in Spetmeber (so much for getting those Christmas gifts done early) and maybe had 9 inches completed. At the time I was most focused on working on the Boise shawl, and my monogomy took over so the Boise had priority. Today I picked up the scarf again, and easily found my place in the work. I think in the time I spent today knitting, I had doubled the length previously completed.
I am really enjoying knitting this scarf because it is simple, so I can pay attention to other things at the same time, yet it is complicated enough that I don't get bored. There are always increases and decreases, picking up stitches, and breaking yarn. Definitely a scarf for the ADD of us :o) And of course, this is what it looks like as of 5 minutes ago.

2 comments:

KnittinNurse said...

Hey entrelac looking good! I am so very busy, cannot make it to MFA knit nights.

However was thinking about belly dancing again- I used to train with the famous Bert...I was the only nonprofessional in the class and was really motivated etc., so am thinking about taking it up again. I took a class in Mill Valley on Sat ams until a friend who took me, had an accident. Anyway would like to know where you train.

I am “next” in the Bay Area Knitters ring so just now looked ya up. LOL

Happy Holiday knitting. Gulp/ I am felting soaps, for charity, as a new holiday thang; was a big hit as party favors at Thanksgiving!

Best regards

fellow Marinite Knitter

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love that! It's looking good! I just posted pics of latest project on my blog. Post a pic of your entreloc when its done...I'd love to see the finished project!

Peace, Salihah