Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pond Alligator!

While I was in Pittsburgh after I finished my Top, I cast on for my shawl. I was doing it double stranded as the pattern called for, even though I was using a different yarn/weight. Eeeeehhh. It's only a shawl. Well, it turned out if I continued as I was, the 4 balls of yarn I was using wasn't going to get me too far. Even though at knit group on Thursday G told me it looked nice thick and that I should keep going, this morning I decided I didn't like it and proceeded to frog the whole thing. It wasn't as bad frogging two balls at once as I thought it would be. All I had to do was wind one ball for a few inches, then the other and that pretty much ensured that they didn't get tangled (too badly). And when it did, it only tangled slightly and was really easy to undo. I started it again, single stranded this time and am now about 9 inches into it. I am liking it a lot better this time.


Tonight I went to Michael's to buy some Lion Brand yarn to make the alligator that my mom has requested. The pattern is for this little alligator. I am using different colors (I think the lighter one in the image is discontinued) but I hope it ends up looking more or less the same.

There will be pictures of lots of things posted when I get around to uploading the images from my camera.. oh what a task that will be.

No comments: