Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Travelling and Knitting

So tonight/tomorrow morning I am going to be flying to Pittsburgh. And of course long airplane trips require knitting projects! I have a feeling I am going to finish the Lelah Top that I am working on, or at least the knitting part of it. I probably have 4-6 inches left. Last night I spent some of my time at home after work not packing, but instead looking for projects to make with my huge stash of yarn. It was difficult. I wanted something somewhat simple so that when I am cooped up in a little seat on the plane at irritating hours I don't become uncomfortably irritated at the knitting as well. So, now I have two potentials. I can either make a nice lace shawl that I had been planning on doing since... November. Or I can figure out how to do the magic loop (I think I got it, but this is me saying that without my needles in front of me and only after studying multiple tutorials) and make my wrist warmers at the same time. So torn. I am itching to get the magic loops down, but the yarn for the shawl is more compact and, well.. I like packing as light and orgnized as possible. Maybe I'll jsut stick with the shawl. The yarn is orgasmically soft on my hands. That will be nice at 2am tomorrow morning during the first leg of my journey. :o)

My mom asked me to make her something. She wanted to have a knitted thing from her daughter that she could show off. Of course all the really cool things to make are sweaters, scarves, mittens, hats... insert random colder weather thing here. And she lives in South Florida and (as much as other knitters have yelled at me with "nuh uhhhh!!") has no use for any of thoes things. It would be pointless for me to make them for her and it would just waste my time. So I came up with all of these potentials and showed her. Over the womb, nautie, the squid hat, and felted bags, she sent me back a little alligator and said "I want an alligator or a frog. I couldn't find a frog pattern though.. only this knitting technique called frog." Of course I couldn't find a knit frog either; only people talking about frogging their work. So, alligator it is! That will be a project once I get back.

I am not going to be able to update until after Monday, so hopefully I will have some new and exciting knitted items finished by then!

No comments: