Thursday, August 16, 2007

Almost 1/4 Century

My birthday is in 6 days. This past weekend, I was surprised by gifts from two friends, both knitting related. One gave me the very pretty Summer Shawlette that she knit from Knitting Daily. It is so soft, and for it's size, so warm and comfy! I *think* it was knit from RYC Silk Wool, so that could explain some of the wonderful qualities, along with the hands it passed through before making its way to me.
Another friend who lives all the way on the other side of the country sent me a box with a lovely hat and scarf pattern as well as the required Karabella yarn to make the set. Just in time to get it finished for fall and winter! Mr Kiwi yelled at me for opening my box early, but I am sure he is the only one who minded. ;o) That hat and scarf is an excellent excuse for me to stop the lengthy projects, take a break, and knit up smaller quicker projects. Excellent thinking, and thank you very much!
I'd post pictures, but Mr Kiwi told me my camera is inferior and to use his for picture taking, however there are so many darned buttons and settings on his brand spanking new camera that I have no idea how to take advantage of getting the good picture quality that it offers. So *hint hint* Mr Kiwi..

It might be me growing out of my kid phase and merging into being an adult, but I think this is the first birthday that I am not looking forward to simply because it means that I will officially be one year older and the digits will change. That's an interesting feeling. Maybe I can skip work and stay in my pj's and knit all that day. ..or maybe not because my experiments need to be assayed that day. Why do we celebrate birthdays anyway? Can't we just pretend that time freezes and you really don't ever get older? Of course, when it comes time for cake, I might change my mind a little.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eee! Happy almost-birthday! I'm still young, so birthdays are exciting to me, so nyeh. :p

I need to get you a present now! Hmm... *plot plot scheme*

Kiwi said...

Oh my! You certainly don't *need* to get something! Thank you very much though, and thank you for the (early) birthday wishes :o)

Anonymous said...

I stopped being excited after 21. What's there to look forward to after that? But what the heck--since the 22nd is on a Wednesday this year, I've decided I'm gonna party both this weekend AND next!

Kiwi said...

how funny! I was thinking that same thing on the way home from work... how a Wednesday birthday means TWO weekends of partying and fun! :o)

Happy early birthday!!!! :D

Adrienne said...

Happy Almost Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

eh-hem... the shawlette, madame, is pashmina....! loverly superfine merino and my favorite other fiber cashmere.... (of course...)
I'm delighted you love it- it was spun with love and knit one stitch at a time with thoughts, prayers, appreciation, and warm wishes in friendship and health. Happy Birthday girl.!

Kiwi said...

Thank you, Adrienne!

Maya: Darn! I knew I would get it wrong, hanse the *think* in there ;o)
Thank you! It is so lovely.