Friday, June 09, 2006

More Dance and Knits

K tried working with me to better access my glute muscles. I was pretty much told to do the opposite of ballet first position and to point my toes inward and touching and my heels were out. And from here, I was to contract my glutes. I couldn't help but laugh and tell her she wasn't helping me with my duck complex, quickly followed by "I don't belly dance, I duck dance". Once again, I have succeeded in making K crack up laughing. That may be due to my comments, or the very awkward look on my face. Either way, it did seem to work some.

I got off work a little eary today and stopped by this little yarn shop down the street from my apartment (Sheep City, USA). I couldn't resist, I really wanted to check it out. It was a very small Mom & Pop shop, and not a huge amount of yarns. Most of them were hand spun and died by the woman who owns the store. The man who was there was the husband of the owner and seemed very friendly and almost seemed excited that someone had come in. The shop wasn't in a high traffic area and you'd really have to pay attention to find it. I only knew it was there because driving by the tucked away plaza I saw a sign "Yarn Shop Sheep City, USA". So yes, this place was very cute and quaint. Will it replace Marin Fiber Arts? No. Although I may support the Mom & Pop aspect of it and occasionally buy hand spuns from them.

No comments: