Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Betty Crafter Completed












Hooray!

This afternoon I finished designing my last postcard! Just in time for the June 15th deadline. Tomorrow I get to stick them in the mail and off they go. :o) I was really excited about making these since I don't get to be artistic much anymore. It was a fast way to splash some soul onto paper.

I got Mr. A to scan these into his computer since I figured it would look better than me trying to take pictures and them potentially come out.. shakey and well.. bad.
The scans are pretty good aside from the color backgrounds being slightly off. Most of the post cards had a different color background than the scans are showing. There were two of each color: purple, blue, green, creme, and white. Other than that, they seem pretty close to the real cards.

The bellydancer, cherries, and vines were done in pen and ink. The cherries and vines were freehand, while the belly dancer was a little more planned.

The faerie was also slightly planned. The faerie, kiwi bird, india, and flowers were done in colored pencils. Those were also for the most part freehand, with the exception of the faerie where I drew it out before cloring it.

The knitting and grapes were the most difficult and left me with super glue stuck on my index and middle fingers. I actually knit the items of the knitting card with string and US0 needles, and the needles were made of twisting string and glue together.The grapes were made from gluing the string in the shapes and sizes of grapes and the leaves.

Hooray! I am proud of the cards, and I can't wait for people to get them. :o) I received my first two the other day. One was a print out of corn adn the other was a photo of a forest cliff scenery. Eight more to go! As much as I really enjoyed making the cards, I think the anticipation of seeing what creative ideas others came up with is the most fun part of it all.

No comments: