Monday, June 25, 2007

Pictureless Update

Has it really been a week since I last posted? What have I been doing? Well, too much. Friday night Mr Kiwi and I took a red eye out to his hometown on the opposite coast. The plane left at 1:30am (which was 30 minutes later than scheduled) and the doors to our connecting flight were closing as we ran off of our plane. So we got to wait 1.5 hours for the next flight. I didn't sleep too much on either flight, so there was a mix of watching Apollo13 on the laptop and knitting. It must have been amusing to see the two of us sharing ear buds watching a movie and swapping out batteries when we thought one was dead.

I have been knitting a heck of a lot as flights (especially long ones) will do that. I am still chugging away at the Gatsby Girl Pullover... would you expect anything less? As of last night, I am done with the main body and am working on the lace pattern. This is where things are going to start getting interesting, since I haven't exactly figured out where, when, and how I am going to break my knitting in the round so I can leave space for the arm holes. I'll get it figured out though. I never knew sweaters could go so fast! Almost 2 weeks of knitting this, and I feel like I have done so much!

Mr Kiwi's mom also knits, and it has been a blast talking about knitting with her. She wanted to learn how to knit socks, so before I left I bought and balled some sock yarn for her. Today we are going to a new yarn shop to get her some small needles and on we will go! Last night Mr Kiwi took pictures of the two of us sitting on the couch knitting our sweaters.

Of course since I am not at home I don't have everything I need to be able to post pictures. I have the camera, but no way to move the pictures onto the computer. There will be a picture ridden post when I get back though!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's nothing like a plane flight to get a ton of knitting done! Have a great trip!!
Your next "package" should be in your inbox soon ( I hope)! Let me know when you recieve it and I shall reveal my identity!!

Unknown said...

Yay! You got your last gift... so I guess I can reveal myself ;) The jewelry that I sent you I bought on a recent trip to Tibet... I posted a few pics on my blog if you want to check them out.
I hope you enjoyed this round of Secret Pal!

Heather said...

Tabitha - I found you! Thank you SO much for being such a great Secret Pal! I have really loved all the goodies you sent my way - this latest box was just heavenly - I could smell the wonderful soap before I got it all the way open! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have wanted to take a bellydancing class for a while now, and I'm hoping this summer I'll be able to track one down that I can fit in my schedule! You'll have to share some secrets with me!

Thanks again, you made this round a blast!

Heather said...

By the way, I am knitting Anouk (from Knitty.com) with both the blue and the rust colored yarns you sent. I didn't even realize I had chosen both your yarns, but I liked the two colors together for this cute little dress! Pics soon on my blog, promise!