Monday, June 18, 2007

Gatsby Love

After frogging the Gatsby Girl Pullover on Tuesday, I cast on for it again on Wednesday night. I convinced myself that attempt #1 was practice, and for the real thing I would change the pattern to knit in the round. The front and back peices are exactly the same, so why not? The only thing I have to do is remember that even rounds are what they call "wrong side" and pay attention when it comes to the arm holes. I spent a heck of a time knitting this weekend, and have gotten pretty far. I am using RYC Cashsoft DK, and it is incredible. This yarn even makes my hands feel soft! No need for mosturizer, I just knit a while and my hands feel silky smooth. I am leaving for vacation Friday night and am trying to calculate how many balls of yarn I should bring. I was thinking 3, but since in one weekend I plowed through an entire ball of the yarn, I may have to bring a few more.

I've also been in organization heaven. Maybe a week or two ago I received my ravelry invite, and I cannot express how cool this site is. I can post my pictures, list everything about what it is I am making, add the books I have, list my to-do projects. It's fabulous!! Not nearly everything is up yet, but I'm having fun organizing and making notes for the time being. I'm gypsyknitter on ravelry.com, if you find me, say hi!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I put my name on the list to be on ravelry... it seems like a great idea from what I can tell!
Your final package will be on the way soon... still not quite sure what I want to send!
-SP

Kiwi said...

It *is* a great idea! I should warn you though.. be patient. They are working long and hard to try to get the site capable of being open to everyone, so it may take a little while for you to get on. It's worth it, though!

Unknown said...

i'm looking forward to hopefully maybe possibly getting an invite to ravelry....It's about time someone came up with an all-inclusive/interactive knitting blog community and online journal!