Friday, December 05, 2008

The Milinda Trilogy

The Good News: Joan dyed 3 new skeins of yarn for me based off a sample that I sent in from the yarn I was working with on my Milinda Pullover before realizing I was going to run out before getting the sleeves done. The dye job came out so well. The colors are so close that I'm sure only I know where they were added into the top.

The Better News: This morning I finished the sleeves! I am almost done and so ready to wear the top. I'm actually looking forward to wearing it for an event on Sunday for the first time. I already have the shoulders seamed up, and it's looking great! I am really excited about this.

The Bad News: I hate seaming. I have seamed and re-seamed the left side 3 times, and each time it comes out looking horrible. Why am I suddenly so bad at seaming?? It's leaving me a bit frustrated. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to get this looking good and soon, because I am ready to have this done!

3 comments:

Vegan Knitting said...

I am also not a fan of seaming. I thought the next time I need to do more than a couple of inches of it, I'm going to use a contrasting yarn first so I can really see where I'm placing the seam yarn in comparison to the stitches. Then if it works out, I'll follow that with a piece of the proper yarn and then remove the test yarn.

Kiwi said...

I can usually get away with a slightly less than precise seam job, but because the purls were on the right side, I had to be exact in where I placed the seam so that I wouldn't have funky bumps and lines all over the place. It took a few tries and careful checking every inch or so, but I got it worked out, and it's done!!

Liz said...

Hurray! Glad it worked out, it is such a great looking pattern.