Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Have A Good Excuse!!

Like anyone still reads this because of my more and more infrequent posting, but this time, I have a really good excuse for not posting in over a week. Really, I do!

That excuse is little Juniper.


She was born on July 21st (16 days before due date) at 12:04am (or 00:04), and weighed 6lbs 1oz. The morning of the 20th if you had told me that the next time I went to sleep it would be with a baby in my arms, I would have laughed at you. Actually, you could have told me at 9:30pm that night and I still would have laughed. It was a very fast labor (1hr 45mins!!) and we made it to the birth center just in time. Any later, and she would have been born in the car.
She is a trooper little baby and I am so proud to have her. We are all doing fine, although my knitting time has suffered a bit. I did however get one crafty project in yesterday, and that was to make our own sling! I had previously (in April, even, I think) purchased fabric I would need as well as the rings, and had anticipated working on them a little later. Well, schedules change, and I made my first sling yesterday. It's a big hit with the baby who loves to be carried and cries when the carrier stops walking... even if it is 3am... and it's just as much a hit to the Mr. who is now glad to be able to carry the baby while still having the ability to use his hands for other things. He's much happier taking her for a walk around the neighborhood this way instead of full in his arms.
We'll be taking pictures tonight and they will be posted shortly.

5 comments:

funsize said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you! You're very lucky that your laor was so short. :) Lil' baby Juniper is beautiful! Congratulations to you and Mr. Kiwi again. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats again!!! love love love....
Marissa

Liz said...

She is so cute! Hope you two make it back to knit night soon!

Kiwi said...

you missed us, Liz!! We were there on Wednesday! We'll try to make it (again) soon.