Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finished baby Bear items

Yesterday morning I finished the baby gift that I was making for a friend's baby shower. It was the Teddy Bear Hood, Mittens, and Bootees pattern from Debbie Bliss' Kids' Knits for Heads, Hands, and Toes. I thought I would get a picture of the finished set (sans mittens.. I didn't have time) however when i tried using my camera, I found it stubbornly broken. What a weekend for Mr Kiwi to be in Tahoe skiing with his sister, thus taking his camera with him, huh? So to make this not another pictureless post, I found the image that was in the book. Hopefully in a month I can get a picture of a baby wearing the one I made ;o)



This was the only photo that was shown, which was good and bad. There were some parts in the pattern notes that were not exactly clear and because they are not visible in the photo, it was a little challenging to figure out exactly what I was supposed to be doing. A little trail and error, and I figured it out.
Knitting baby stuff is very quick and fun. It's almost instant gratification because they are so small and fast to make.

3 comments:

BeanMama said...

Book is out of print :( Maybe the library will have a copy. Thanks for the info! I loved yours in person - super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Love love love this set!!! Thank you sooooo much!!! You will definitely see my baby wearing it all, and get a pic!!!!
Marissa

Kiwi said...

I am very glad you like it!! It was fun and quick to knit :o)